Monday, November 12, 2012

Oh Crap! Realization of the Day ... Taking a Break

I went to DC for two nights without my family to spend time with some friends. I slept like a baby. Hold on, let me clarify. Not MY baby, who at 11 months is still waking me up EVERY night.

It would have been weird for my friend if she had been woken at 1 pm by me screaming and crying hysterically. I wonder if she would have known to come in and hug me and put my pacifier in. Or, maybe I would have needed some Tylenol or Baby Orajel for those darn top teeth trying to poke through. Then, at around 4:30, I would demand her back to give me a bottle and change my diaper. Let me take that back. I did NOT sleep like a baby.

I guess what I slept like was a person who hasn’t slept through the night in over a year and desperately needed to catch up. Today is my first full day back and I am feeling refreshed, my kids are sweeter and funnier, and the whining doesn’t get on my nerves as bad.

The realization is that taking a break for you is not just for you. This may be short-lived, but for now I feel like a happier and better mom.


For more crap, visit www.facebook.com/crapnoonetellsyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment