Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Oh Crap! Realization of the Day … Birds and Bees

You may be having the birds and bees talk with your child long before you think you will.

This morning, my 4-year-old daughter was reminding me of when the baby used to drink milk from my “boobies,” and asked how milk came from there. I told her, in as few details, how it happens during pregnancy. Then, she started talking about when she would be
pregnant and asked, “Is it far away?”

Thinking she was asking if it would be a long time before she got pregnant, I said, “Yes, it will be a long, long time. You will be an adult.”

“No,” she said. “How far away is the place where you get pregnant?”

After laughing out loud and having her look at me like I was crazy, I paused … for a while. My husband and I always feel it is best to be honest with every answer we give them; however, the amount of information and the way it is delivered is where I usually struggle. This instance was no different. I was able to wiggle out of it with very minimal detail until she was onto the next topic.

I never thought when my children were 4, I would have trouble answering their plethora of questions. I thought the most I’d have to explain is what thunder is—and, it’s not the angels bowling, like my mom told me. Be ready for anything … that’s all I have to say.


For more, go to www.facebook.com/crapnoonetellsyou


 

No comments:

Post a Comment