Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Oh Crap! Realization of the Day ... Growing Old

Daughter: Why can’t I have coffee?

Me: It will stunt your growth.

Daughter: Why can you drink coffee?

Me: Because I am done growing.

Daughter: No you’re not. You’re growing old.

Me: Touché.  

This conversation on the way home from preschool this morning made me think. I will be 52 on my twins’ graduation day from high school; and 55 on my baby’s graduation day. So many people are having children later in life these days, and it’s kind of a depressing thing now that I think about it. I thought we were doing it the right way. I was able to have a career for 12 years before having children. I was smarter, because I was older. I had more life experience. I would have the advantage over younger parents. Ugh. Turns out I’m just more tired, less patient, and more worried.


For more Crap, visit www.facebook.com/crapnoonetellsyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment