Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Oh Crap! Realization of the Day ... Best Advice for New Parents

As an expectant parent, you will be overwhelmed with advice—solicited and certainly unsolicited. The best advice I ever received for raising a baby in its first year came from another mother of multiples after my twins were born. She told me that whatever my struggle with my babies are, know that it will likely be over in two weeks.

Of course, then it will be something else, but thinking about surviving a challenging situation two weeks at a time makes it tolerable. It gives you a light at the end of the tunnel instead of being swallowed up by it. I lived by this advice during the first year with the twins and am doing so now with my third. Just like you will look forward to the next big milestone in your baby’s life, you will also look forward to some of the unpleasant behaviors coming to an end.

This advice got me through some tough moments that first year. I remained positive and hopeful on days when I could have been dragged into a dark place. I hope it will do the same for any new mom out there. If you know someone who is expecting or is a new mom, please share this with her.

For more crap, visit www.facebook.com/crapnoonetellsyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment