Thursday, January 31, 2013

What Happened to Barbie?

When did the way girls play with BarbieTM dolls change? I got my first Barbie around 1st or 2nd grade. The fun then was changing their outfits and playing with their hair. I was probably in 5th or 6th grade by the time I stopped. Now, girls get BarbieTM dolls when they are 3-years-old and have stopped playing with them by 2nd grade. The play is less about outfits and hair and more about pretend play--but, not the kind where Barbie and Ken kiss. When did this shift happen? I remember rows and rows of different outfits for BarbieTM in the stores. Now, it’s difficult to find any. I think it’s cute how my 4-year-old plays with hers, but it’s a little sad to think she will not find the same enjoyment out of them as I did. And, if Mattel is no longer offering clothing changes, you would think they could at least dress them in clothes that are a little less hoochie.


For more Crap, LIKE me at www.facebook.com/crapnoonetellsyou

No comments:

Post a Comment