Monday, January 28, 2013

Dinner Table Standoff

How long is too long for a dinner table standoff with a 4-year-old? We’re approaching two hours and it’s a pretty basic meal that he “should” like, or at least be able to swallow without gagging. I don’t always make them eat their food, but we’re going on at least two weeks of dinners now where they say, “I don’t like this,” and “How many bites do I have to eat?” I am so irritated. So, tonight, the answers were “I don’t care,” and “All of it!” And, continued with, “I don’t care if you sit here all night while the rest of us are in bed,” and “I don’t care if you don’t go to school tomorrow. You are not leaving until your bowl is empty.” Unfortunately for this kid, I rarely make empty threats. He may or may not be at school tomorrow.


For more Crap, LIKE me at www.facebook.com/crapnoonetellsyou

No comments:

Post a Comment