Monday, January 28, 2013

Apology to Future Me


How do I know my third child will be less well-behaved than my first two? I find myself telling him constantly, “Even when you do naughty things, I still want to eat you up.”

What is it about the babies of the family that makes parents “baby” them? Is it because the parents are more laid back? Are they just too damn tired to discipline? Is it because they’ve seen the result of their first-born children and wonder what the point was of getting on their case for every naughty behavior … didn’t seem to do any good? Is it parents’ last chance to raise a child who will like them when they are teenagers? Is it simply grasping desperately to those baby moments because we know they are the last baby moments we will have? In my opinion, yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to his future teachers, babysitters, classmates, wife … and, of course to the future me.
 
 
For more Crap, LIKE me at www.facebook.com/crapnoonetellsyou.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment