Friday, October 19, 2012

Oh Crap! Realization of the Day ... Socks


I returned from Target today with 36 pairs of socks for three kids. You might think that sounds reasonable, except if I swore to you two months ago when I did my Fall shopping that all the kids had plenty of socks. Everyone knows about the big sock disappearing mystery, but I swear the smaller the socks, the faster they disappear. How many times per week do I say, “Where did all the socks go? Where could they possibly be? I’ve scoured the house, under furniture, between seat cushions, stuffed in other shoes, behind the washing machine, in the vehicles. Where did they disappear to? Did they grow feet and run off?” I guess there will never be an answer to that question, just like why do I feel the need to end every sentence in a preposition? So, the realization is that you should count on buying about 3x the number of socks you think you need to (smile).

No comments:

Post a Comment