Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Introduction to Crap ...

Look at them. How could you not be overwhelmed with joy? Three kids, 4 and under--twins to boot. You tell me! Don't get me wrong, I would not give this up for anything. But, there's a lot of crap no one tells you--from trying to get pregnant to the years that follow. That's what my blog is all about ... the argueably useful information that you will never read in a medical book or any other "What to Expect ..." book about the good, bad, and ugly of starting and raising a family. This is not a blog to brag about my kids, though I may slip in the occassional "smart, compassionate, witty, athletic, beautiful" adjectives from time to time. I hope you will share your stories with me, as you read about my adventures as someone who is not afraid to tell it like it is when it comes to kids and marriage. By the way, an hour after this photo was taken, my 4-year-old son pooped in his pants. To top it off, I didn't know it until we were at a friend's birthday party, where I proceeded to undress him, clean him, wrap his underwear in toilet paper and slip out of the party, down one of the most affluent streets in the city, and finally to the nearest outdoor dumpster to dispose of said underwear. What a fitting way to start my blog ... with literal CRAP.

About this Blogger
A once career-driven individual with roots in Kansas and Nebraska, I've since lived on both coasts of the United States, and now find myself a proud mother of three and wife of one. Yesterday's challenge of putting an employee on a 90-day suspension is deep in the shadows of today's challenge of raising three children well enough so they never see a 90-day suspension. A not so stay-at-home-mom with a minivan and a membership to every kid-friendly establishment in town--self-proclaimed Coach Mommy--I am up suburbia's hiney with no potty chair in sight ... and proud to be there. This is the best and hardest job ever, and I love embarrassing the heck out of my family by sharing truth of our daily lives. Won't you join me on my voyage to not screwing up my kids' lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment